When it comes to losing weight, many magazines mistakenly show that only intensive cardio training can get you to this goal. However, stretching is also found to be very helpful in improving metabolism, blood circulation, and even muscle structure. And, if done frequently, stretching exercises can help burn fat in remarkable ways. This article will be the opportunity to explain you how this can be achievable.
How stretching exercises can be effective?
- 1. You burn calories. Not as much as in an aerobics class, but if done everyday it’s better.
- 2. You help speed up the metabolism.
- 3. You can reduce stress. Stress is number 1 problem that doesn’t permit the mechanism of losing weight. When your body is stressed, it tends to store fat.
- 4. You gain muscle instead of fat. These poses involve various muscle groups which help you build a balanced body.
Now that you understand what are the benefits that you can get out of stretching exercises, here are 10 quick morning poses that you can practise everyday.
10. Triangle Exercise
This pose targets these body parts: legs, hips, shoulders, and chest.
1. Start by standing on the mat, and spreading your feet apart (about four feet apart)
2. Turn one foot 45° and the other foot 90°
3. Keep your arms parallel to the floor and start to stretch to the left, as if trying to reach for something.
4. Flex your body to the left, and let your left hand touch your ankle as shown in the picture above.
5. Extend your right arm to the sky, and look in the same direction
6. Hold this position for 30 to 35 seconds.
“Exercise number 9 on next slide”